Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Simplify


This has been my mantra for a long while, and living with this concept in the forefront of my mind gives me such satisfaction, I have to share.

My blogs are becoming few and far between and I have been wondering why. I love to write, it's second nature. I'm always on the bus, at the gym, or walking around conjuring up ideas and topics, but they just don't come to fruition. I tend to be an over-thinker and procrastinator, which means amazing ideas with little follow-through. It's those middle schoolers rubbing off on me, I swear! Anyway, I just need to keep it short and simple from now on, so that's what I aspire to do.

Stuff and things tend to drag me down... I detest clutter and collections of any sort, everything has a place, and I have only what I need or really enjoy in my home. Living internationally forced me to pare down and I'm amazed by what I DON'T need laying around on a day to day basis. I'm a fan of clean, open, bright spaces with only beloved art, trinkets, and plants abiding in my space. So last weekend, I conquered my closet for a clean sweep. It was so freeing to rid myself of all the too small/too big/ill-fitting/sad clothes and shoes that have somehow creeped back in my life. I only purchase things that either are necessity or that I love love love, such as my beautiful and snuggly new black coat!

Technology also seems to keep inching its way into my tranquil and clutter-free house, which means more and more annoying wires and plugs. I finally just took care of this in an incredibly simple way, but it has already made a difference by saving me time and frustration. Ziplocs (and duct tape) can do anything.


Over the break I also had a chance to get back to the fine art of doing nothing, grounding myself and resting my body and mind.  I had morning coffee and conversation with my folks, watched movies, read books, wrote, pinned recipes and craft ideas, sometimes just laid down and looked up at the ceiling.   One of my most favorites was spending some quality time with the most simple fellow I know...  Cody, lover of all.

1 comment:

  1. A) you're my hero and I have a sneaky suspicion I'm down that road myself. Already getting rid of SO much crap!
    B) your Cody is seriously twinsies with my Leo :)
    C) happy new year!! Sounds like you are in a fantastic place... <3

    ReplyDelete