Well, well, well, so much has happened in the past year I've not been keeping up with this blog, I'm not even sure where to begin. The tides have shifted back and forth, up and down, and I decided to just take a deep breath and let it take me where it may. Luckily, I've ended up right where I need to be.
Here I am in Switzerland, having started a new position as a Middle School coordinator, helping grow an additional section on to an already-existing K-5 international school. I also am teaching 6th/8th grade English and social studies to an amazing group of students who come from all over the world. It feels so easy to do what I love, the chaos and busyness of growth and transition has actually brought me a sense of peace. After leaving LA, I took some time this summer to travel up the coast, see family and friends in Portland and Seattle, regroup in Montana, and set my bearings before leaving for a new place. Then, the BIG move...
I now find myself amidst a sea of green trees, collosal mountain ranges, panoramic views, fresh air, small and friendly villages, easily navigable cities, immersed in a Swiss German dialect mixed with touches of French, Italian, and English, dependable public transportation, environmental awareness and obligation, and clean, structured systems that carry on without fail. So interesting, the Swiss... I am in
observation mode and taking it all in. Eager to share as I go.
My addiction to travel has been fed: day trips to Swiss towns like Berne, Luzern, Basel, and more, up to Stuttgart in Germany, a weekend trip to Milan, Italy, and weeklong trips to the mountains of Leysin and the cities of Prague and Budapest. Heading to The Hague in Holland this week for a conference, then the next stop is the US for the holidays!


Thank goodness now that I've actually written something, this blog is officially up and going again. Sometimes, it just takes the momentum gained from the first word. It's taken a while, but now that I'm up for air, I will be in touch frequently. Hugs from afar!
Nice! What elegant writing. I look forward to following your story! ; ]
ReplyDelete