"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley
Music and the way music makes me feel
Dancing until I'm soaked with sweat
Checking off the last thing on the to-do list
My Mom's back scratches
Laughing until my stomach hurts
The clicking sound when junk goes up the vacuum
Traveling anywhere, from mini road trips to overseas
The semi-shocking coolness of the pool when I first enter
Farmers markets
Intertwined fingers and legs
Being barefoot
Long conversations with wonderful friends
My Dad's driving and how safe he makes me feel
"And now... Let the wild rumpus start!"
Anything outdoors, in the trees and mountains
The drive to Montana
Singing at the top of my lungs in the car
When my sister and I say the exact same phrase at the exact same time
Knowing I am getting better with age
When he says he loves me and compliments my beauty
Words, the promiscuous kind
Movies, the moving kind
Books, the unforgettable kind
Black and white photography
Children learning and experimenting
My Grammie's hands
Cuddling with my cat Cody and his freckles
Sipping coffee in no rush
Organic, natural, fair trade, environmentally friendly
My curly big hair
Knowing I would do it all the same way over again
His improv songs sung just for me
The idea of the future being exactly what I envision it to be
My unbelievable childhood
The true love I share with so many beautiful people
Okay, back to work. But this time, not without thanks and peaceful quiet in my mind. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment