Sunday, March 29, 2009

My truest love

"...I wanna hear a poem where ideas kiss similes so deeply, metaphors get jealous..." -Steve Coleman opening the first Def Poetry on HBO

Words have always been fascinating to me, a deep part of who I am and how I think. Words and phrases come to the forefront of my mind round the clock, and I ache to string them together as soon as possible into something meaningful and symbolic of my mood, my current frame of thought, my style.  My art.  And sometimes they come out simplistic and trite and gray, begging to be reworked.  I have a fantastic collection of tiny bits of paper with strings of once-important thoughts scribbled down on them!  But, when I paint them effortlessly into a piece that represents exactly what I intended, that is the epitome of accomplishment.  From the most basic sentence in my journal, to my master's thesis on mathematical problem solving (no, really!), to the best poem in my collection,  words express me.  I generally keep my thoughts and poems close and personal, so beginning a blog is a bit of a stretch, but it's a challenge I want to take on. Figure I gotta share.  After all, words are thee best gift one can give.

I'm hoping this will keep me creating, expressing, and motivated to write...  I would love to hear from you as I figure this out!  

"Back on the journey again, tool is the pad and a pen... verbal ambassador, travel in this endeavor of mine..." -Blackalicious' Pad and Pen 


No comments:

Post a Comment